Home Home About Contact Disclaimer Beauty Lifestyle Image Map

Wednesday 26 November 2014

A Little Lush Haul

Ohhhh how I love Lush. I became a massive Lush fan a few years back when my best friend bought me one of their amazing bath bombs for Christmas, I haven't looked back since. If I am not lying in a purple bath with stars floating around my toes and the bathroom isn't filled with some kind of amazing fragrance then life just doesn't make sense!!

Lush is a company that makes handmade products from fresh organic fruit and vegetables. All their products are made with the finest essential oils with no preservatives. They buy their ingredients from companies that do not commission tests on animals and believe in testing their products on humans. They're leading the way on reduce, reuse and recycling of their packaging in the hope that one day they can eliminate packaging altogether. They value and support ethical buying to find local sources of ingredients within our own communities, whilst helping maintain sustainable practices as well as fair conditions for the workers. What's not to love about that?

So with that all in mind I headed to my local Lush Shop. When you walk in you are over come with the most amazing smell of all the soaps and cosmetics combined, that I wish you could just bottle up and take home. The ladies that were working that day were so friendly and helpful, I purchased a shampoo and 3 bath bombs and had to share them with you.

Daddy-O Shampoo  I just love this shampoo! I love the scent, the way it leaves my hair and the shine it gives. It works to add volume and shine to the hair, using lemon and lime juice, which allow the cuticles to lie flat and reflect more light. Seaweed to cleanse and soften and virgin coconut oil to hydrate the hair, whilst sea salt gives body to my flat lifeless hair. It also revives my bleached blonde hair and the bright violet helps to tone and neutralise the brassy yellow tones. I use this shampoo every couple of days and love it!!


Butterball Bath Bomb  My favourite bath bomb! It looks like a plain white ball but don't be fooled, it is packed full of cocoa butter. It has tiny chunks of cocoa butter that melt in your bath water, leaving your skin so silky and soft. If your skin is dry and sensitive you will love this! It doesn't leave any colour to your water so it's great to mix with a bright bath bomb.


So White Bath Bomb  I loved the smell of this one in the store, it smells like apples with a hint of floral. Watch it fizzle and foam away to create a snow-like apple scented froth in the tub and then its rosy center reveals itself. This bomb is part of the Lush Christmas Holiday 2014 collection and in the words of Lush "it revives your Christmas spirit".


Golden Wonder Bath Bomb  Another bomb from the Christmas collection. The colours in this bath bomb are AMAZING!! It is three bath bombs in one and when you shake it you can hear them rattle inside, just like shaking a present from under the Christmas tree. I found the scent very pleasant if you like a citrus smell. Drop into the bath and it reveals so many beautiful colours, the gold outside quickly gives way to a blue, a burst of purple and gorgeous sparkling stars. It left my bath water a lovely turqoisey colour with swirls of gold glitter. This bomb makes a lovely festive treat!


I could have bought so many items in Lush that day but I resisted and have put them on my Christmas list instead. 
P.s., Don't worry none of these products stain you or the bath!!!!

Have you tried any of these products? Can you recommend me any Lush products you have tried?

Samantha x

1 comment:

  1. Butterball is my favourite too! Not the most interesting but anything that means I don't have to moisturise afterwards is a winner.

    Katie xx

    OkayKate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...