Home Home About Contact Disclaimer Beauty Lifestyle Image Map

Saturday 3 January 2015

My December Favourites


Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a fab New Year!  I can not believe how fast December actually went, Christmas was all over in a blink of eye!  Yesterday, I just had to run to Costa and grab a Gingerbread latte before they finished selling them, well, until next Christmas.  The Christmas tree is officially down and packed away till next year and all that is left of the Christmas chocolates is the ones that no one likes!!  Okay enough of the Christmas blues Sam, you have lots to look forward too and I can't wait to share it all with you.  Starting off with my favourite products I was loving in December......

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + (plus)  First up is this amazing little moisturiser I have stumbled across.  This product couldn't have been discovered at a better time as my skin has gone to pot.  I have been really poorly recently and my skin just loved to show the world this fact!  Breakouts, dryness, oiliness, dehydration, wow the list is endless.  However since using this, my skin has cleared itself right up.  No more breakouts and it also cleared up post blemish marks within weeks.  It is a gel-cream moisturiser which gives the skin 24hr hydration with a lasting matte effect whilst battling those dreaded acne scarring.  It is oil-free but soaks into the skin leaving it feeling moisturised without that tight, drying feeling some moisturisers for oily skin can do.  Effaclar Duo + is my new best friend and think it might be a holy grail for me.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick In Diva Red  This colour was just perfect over Christmas and for the winter months.  It is a beautiful blue-toned red lipstick and really does suit the name 'Diva Red".  It glides across the lips leaving them feeling lovely and moisturised and the staying power is great.  It doesn't feel heavy or sticky and gives a sheeny look to the lips.  'Diva Red' now sits perfectly in my ever growing red lipstick collection.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF10  I am loving this foundation at the moment.  It is a sheer to medium coverage and stays put all day.  It is not like the famous Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation which is a maximum coverage foundation with amazing staying power, it goes on more sheerer but has the same staying power.  It feels lovely and lightweight and gives a very nice natural finish.  It stays matte for a good 4 hours or so before I need a little powder blot on the nose. I wanted a more natural foundation to wear during the day and this little beauty fits the bill.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder  I purchased this because I run out of my favourite powder, the Mac Blot Powder just right before Christmas. What a great little find!  I am sure so many of you have either heard or have used this powder before as it is so raved about.  The product does exactly as it says! It keeps my foundation matte for hours and it doesn't change the colour of my foundation like some cheaper makeup brands do.  Would highly recommend ladies!

Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder  Oh I do love a good bronzer and thank you to Benefit, I have officially been Hoola-ed!  I always think bronzers are going to make me have that just tangoed look but Benefit Hoola Bronzer manages to gives a subtle warmth to the skin.  This bronzer is completely matte, so no shimmer in sight.  Not only have I been using Hoola to give me a all over glow, I found that it works perfectly for contouring.  I might do a post on how to contour with this bronzer, what do you think?

Have you tried any of the products featured in this month's favourites?

Samantha x



7 comments:

  1. That lipstick colour is amazing!

    XO MK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favourites - the La Roche-Posay has been a life saver for me recently :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really is a miracle worker!! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder! It keeps my makeup in place all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder is on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit hoola is my favourite product in my makeup bag! its the only bronzer I've found that doesn't go orange. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...