Home Home About Contact Disclaimer Beauty Lifestyle Image Map

Sunday 26 October 2014

Clarins The Essential Mineral Eye Make Up Palette


When I stumbled across this little beauty at my local Clarins Counter, I just had to have it! I'm such a sucker for a great nude eye palette. This Christmas limited edition palette is packaged within a sleek, rich chocolate brown compact, containing a mirror and a double-ended applicator. The palette contains a collection of ten very wearable eye shadows. It has a well balanced collection of colours from warm browns to a very vibrant gold and the pressed mineral formula of these shadows can be used wet or dry. The super silky eye shadows are long lasting and are suitable for sensitive eyes as they are ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested.


The pigmentation lets this palette down a little which is a shame as Clarins is one of my favorite brands. There were three shades when swatched that I felt you really had to work hard with to get the colour on the eye lid when used dry. The first colour being the palest; number 1. However, when used wet the colour was a lot stronger but it is not ideal to use wet if you're using this colour for your natural base.


How amazing is number 6?! The bright, sparkly, vibrant gold. This colour is very pigmented and will look great for a night-time makeup look, especially for those Christmas parties! A tip for when applying this gold to the eye is to press the eye shadow on not rub, otherwise you will end up with gold glitter all over your face. The last two colours 9 and 10 again, when used dry, I felt like you had to work really hard with to get a good build up of colour on your eyes. Although when used wet for contouring and blending in the crease and corners for that smokey eye look, it works perfectly.

 I created a natural smokey eye for a day time look using colours 2, 3 and 8. The look lasted perfect all day. The colours in this palette are gorgeous and I would actually say this palette reminds me of the famous Urban Decay Naked Palettes.

The Clarins Essential Eye Palette is available for £35 but it is a limited edition for Christmas, so I imagine it will sell out quick.

What eye shadow palette have you been using recently? Which colours do you like in this palette?

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any questions do leave me a comment in the box below

Samantha x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. This looks fancy. And gorgeous!

    I've nominated you for the Sisterhood World Bloggers Award! :)
    Found here:
    http://blushingbeautea.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/sisterhood-of-bloggers-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Amy I have just seen this. Glad you like the palette!

      I have just actually nominated you for the Liebster Award. I will do this one next :)
      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...